Legal Counsel For New Jersey Businesses
The entrepreneurial spirit is raging in the U.S. Innovative people are launching businesses across a broad range of industries. In order to be successful, they must focus on their business strategies, their target customers and their competition.
There are numerous legal issues that arise when launching a company, and even more as a business grows. At The Law Office of Frank J. Materia, I work closely with business founders, partners, investors and others to address the legal aspects of starting and operating a business in New Jersey. I also advise entrepreneurs who are ready to sell a business or hand it off to a family member.
Establishing a relationship with a lawyer you trust is vital to keeping your company competitive. Call 973-866-5624 to schedule a consultation.
Responsive And Cost-Efficient
I produce effective and cost-efficient legal solutions so my business clients can focus on running their companies. The personal attention I provide ensures that every client is fully informed about the legal issues at hand and understands all options, as well as the short-term and long-term impact of the decisions I will help them make.
I represent clients in the full spectrum of business law matters, including:
- Business formation — The structure of your business determines a lot about how it will operate and what liability a single founder or multiple partners will have. Whether you start your business as a sole proprietor, general partnership, limited liability company, S-corporation or other entity, I will guide you through the process and explain each option.
- Contracts and transactions — From employment contracts to client agreements, these documents are the lifeblood of a business. When drafted properly, they help a company protect its interests and thrive. The wrong steps can lead to unnecessary and expensive disputes.
- Commercial real estate — Whether purchasing, leasing or selling a property, I can review the agreement, conduct a title search and handle other important legal aspects of real estate transactions.
- Mergers and acquisitions — Many companies grow by purchasing another company. In other instances, successful entrepreneurs or partnership groups decide it’s time to sell a business. I help my clients navigate the process and protect their interests.
- Business disputes — I represent clients in contract disputes, partnership disputes, insurance disputes and other disputes. Often, I am able to resolve these disputes without litigating, but I am always prepared to go to trial if a fair agreement cannot be reached through negotiation or arbitration.
- Business succession — My experience as an estate planning attorney serves me well when business owners wish to put succession plans in place. I help entrepreneurs plan for the future with confidence.
Your Solution Starts With A Meeting
Business moves at a torrid pace. You cannot afford to let legal issues linger or remain unresolved. I am ready to review your business law needs and recommend an effective course of action. Call 973-866-5624 or use my online contact form to schedule a consultation. I work with business clients in Bloomfield Township and across northern and central New Jersey from my office in Upper Montclair.